Thursday, August 2, 2012

Simply Delicious

Zucchini Brownies - already half eaten!!


Yesterday I tried a new recipe for zucchini brownies.  I posted last month about the need to find uses for all the zucchini our garden is producing and so I did a recipe post for bread. See link here,
zucchini bread.

I've continued to use in dishes for dinners, soups, my home made dog food and have frozen some for use later.  I came across this recipe in Simply in Season cookbook and decided I needed to try it.  In the past my son would have turned up his nose at the very idea of zucchini in something like this, but after having the bread he is a convert of creative uses for zucchini.

Can be found at Amazon


Here is the recipe:

Zucchini Brownies

1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips - add 1/2 and reserve the other for topping
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( optional )
Combine in bowl.

In seperate bowl mix:
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and add:
2-3 cups shredded zucchini.  Spread mixture into greased 9 X 13 pan.
Top with the reserved 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.

Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. 

Then enjoy !!


2 comments:

  1. Isn't that amazing how versatile zucchini are?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and this is really delicious. I have a "mock" apple pie recipe made with sliced zucchini I need to try, but will have to wait for this heat wave to end before I attempt. Don't want to add in any way to the heat the A/C's are trying to dispatch from our home!

      Delete