Thursday, July 5, 2012

Zucchini Bread



Before Cameron left for his visit with my parents I enlisted his help to make some zucchini bread.  With all our garden has been producing I wanted to put some to use.  I'd already made a stir fry using some with other vegetables from the garden and chicken. That was a huge hit with everyone. Still I got a very skeptical look when I assured him he'd like the bread too.

I can't say I blame him, I had the same response as a kid when my mom first announced she was making bread with zucchinis.  "Yuck, that sounds awful", I  think was closer to my response  : )
And it did.  My introduction to zucchini came when the garden we had provided us with monster size zucchinis that were tough and for the most part bland.



So I pulled out mom's trusty recipe:

Zucchini Bread

Mix together:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
Seperately mix:
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and baked in two greased bread pans at
325 degrees for 1 hour or until done.


So how did this go over with my chief food critic?  We finished 2 loaves in 2 days and he
was the main consumer!!!

The whole family have become converts to the idea that zucchini bread is indeed quite delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I may have to try zucchini this way...not a fan of zucchini...right up there with butter beans! :) ~ Guerrina

    ReplyDelete