Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day Two



The second day of the guys being away is winding down.  It was a productive one for us on both coasts.  Patrick arrived in the wee hours of the morning, but was still up and ready to go before Cameron made it up!  They spent the day at the new house taking down wallpaper in the bathrooms and removing some overgrown or unwanted plants near the house.  Then took a refreshing dip to try out the pool.  Kevin forgot to bring the cable for downloading pictures to his mom's house so will have to do that tomorrow.  That's where they have WiFi service.

Pool shot we already had


For the girls and I it was a day of keeping busy. Lauren spent a bit more time by herself as she kept getting herself in trouble.  I think it's the only way she knows to express that her world has changed and she's not happy about this.  There tends to be a bit of regression in her behaviors when life throws her a curve.




Hannah spent a good part of the day painting a decorative bumble bee attached to a stick. She did a great job with it.



I moved on to the next phase of my painting.  I finished the walls complete with ragging.  Then sanded and cleaned the counter and cabinet faces with TSP, before painting with the primer.  I worked on this as I finished the last of the wall surfaces so I could let the initial coats of primer dry.  It takes 30 minutes to an hour to dry.  Once I had 3 coats on I am letting it sit until tomorrow as the various people I got info from online stated that drying time for the base was really important.

Counter surface before

Sink area with walls done and base primer




Walls behind tub and cabinet with base first primer coat

 
If it seems ready tomorrow I'll begin the base coats for the counter color and will start priming the doors.

Hoping to have pictures from Kevin to be able to share of their activities by tomorrows post.

2 comments: