Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Preparations



It's that time of year when I become a lot more familiar with my local markets and their particular specials as I plan my lists for holiday meal shopping.  This year has included some extra prepping as
we have a lot of extra family coming to visit!  Thanksgiving day will be a smaller gathering of our family, Amber and Eddie and Eddie's sister Erika.

Then this weekend we'll be having a LOT more company as my parents and extended family members will be arriving to visit.  So with 21 mouths to feed my preparation list has been in the works for a couple weeks.  I've already cooked a full ham and a turkey.  We'll have our meal tomorrow for Thanksgiving, then on Friday I've been putting together some homemade soups, and for Saturdays lunch sandwiches from all the meat leftovers, along with side salads and finger foods.

For dinner it's a combined effort with my sister- in- law. I've made my basic meat spaghetti sauce and a vodka cream sauce to serve over the noodles.  Karla is bringing Pizza and garlic bread.  We'll have salad and a variety of desserts to choose from.

With all the kids that will be here, we'll have plenty of snacks and activities to keep them happy.  I've enlisted Cameron's help to set up the Wii with multi player games, and the girls are excited about more playmates to have fun with. 

It will be nice seeing everyone, for now I'm busy, busy, busy!!  Have a great day, it's time for me to get back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment