Thursday, December 20, 2012

Crafting and Visits



Headed up to my parents home yesterday to pay a visit and carry our presents to them.  Once there my mom had the girls open a gift early, it was a really nice set of paper dolls for each that they were able to use to entertain themselves while we were there visiting.




It's been a tradition in my family to give my dad boxes of chocolate covered cherries at Christmas, so we brought some for him to have. This started as a result of his being the baby of 10 during the depression.  One of his older brothers worked at a drug store, and there were Christmases when the only gift was some of the left over candy that hadn't sold during the season.  Chocolate covered cherries were some of his favorites, and so our "tradition" began.



Then not to be forgotten, mom gets her favorite Turtles.  Chocolate over caramel and nuts.




We had an enjoyable visit with Cameron and Hannah helping Baba get dinner together.





My sister and her kids came to join us and I gave Anna her birthday present a few days early.



I've been busy making more ornaments and I added to my sister-in-laws collection for her birthday last month and for my sister Anna's birthday as well.  I began making ornaments last year and really enjoyed creating them as I sit to watch TV in the evening. So this year some of my newer works are here and I'll have photos of the additional decorations I've added to Kevin and my stocking in a different post, as I'm still adding to these : )

Anna's Collection


Karla's collection




All my best,  Lynda                                                                               


6 comments:

  1. It is so nice to spend the holidays with family. Those ornaments are so detailed.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice visit. We're planning a quieter one here at home Christmas day. I can get a bit carried away with some of the decorating, but they are fun to create : )

      Delete
  2. I like the new ornaments and the different shapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your mom's face! I only met her that once in CT! You are blessed to have them here.

    I love the detail on your ornaments, especially that little black stocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am blessed that they are not only here, but still in such great health. Think they look really great for 75 and 78!! Thanks I had fun with the stocking. Think I'll make some more.

      Delete