Sunday, December 21, 2014

Almost Christmas



Ever since the lights went up on Thanksgiving day, we've been decorating, shopping, enjoying Christmas preparations, gift wrapping and of course watching lots of Christmas specials and videos.

Me putting up garland on front door

Garland and lights over garage

Hannah and Lauren enjoying the advent calendar Baba and Grandpa sent online

Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar to be opened daily until Christmas

House with lights on

As much as I plan and prepare, it always seems to come down to last minute card writing, gift buying or food shopping that I managed to forget.  So as Christmas quickly approaches, I'll show some of this years Christmas decorating.

Cloisonne Pear Ornament
Mantel decor


More "mantel"  decor.  We have stone shelves right now, not a true mantel

 Drama mask ornament

Father Christmas ornament



One of my lace and jewel ornaments I made

More decorations by the fireplace

Main tree and decor


Angel ornament my parents bought in Germany before I was born

Candle lights, more of my home made ornaments and a Santa Head Ornament

From my favorite Dickens story, my Ebenezer Scrooge Ornament


 Wax head angel that my parents got in Germany and for years was our tree topper as I grew up

Decorations on top of my craft cabinet.  The doll house was made for me by my grandfather.

The tomato cage tree I made for the back sun room decorations.



So the countdown continues, and the girls are so excited for Santa's visit.  I think I'm almost ready, just checking my lists again for any last minute items that might need to be taken care of.

Hope your holiday preps are going well, and you have a safe and Merry Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment